Note – click after
all settings have been configured on the Trunks screen. This will cause trunk services to restart.
Caution: Active calls through trunks will be disconnected. Trunk configuration changes should only be initiated when there are no calls
To add a new trunk
- Select the trunk type you want to add in the dropdown list below the TRUNKS table.
- Analog FXO
- External SIP
- Click .
Note – PRI and Analog FXO trunks require purchased Teo UC options. If these options have changed, click
to update the
list of available PRI and Analog FXO ports.
To configure trunk parameters
- In the Trunks list, select the trunk you want to configure. The type of trunk appears above the fields
on the right side of the screen.
- In the label field, enter a name to identify the trunk.
- Select the carrier with which you want to associate this trunk. You can also assign carriers on the
- Select USE FOR OUTBOUND FAX if this trunk may be used to route fax calls. Generally, only trunks that have
direct PSTN access,
such as PRI or Analog (FXO) trunks are used for fax calls. Although audio quality is sufficient for voice communication on SIP trunks, jitter and
packet loss may make SIP trunks unreliable for fax transmission.
- Additional parameters must be configured for each trunk type.
When all trunk parameters have been configured, click
to load the new values and restart trunk services.
Any trunk calls in progress will be disconnected.