User Import is used to import user account data from an external source, instead of manual entry in the UCM Admin Portal. You can import user
data created in a spreadsheet or link to an LDAP or Active Directory database.
The following parameters can be imported into a user account:
Username (login username for Teo UCM)
Employee ID (unique record ID)
Listed Site (building or location for multi-site installations)
Inside Location (floor, section, room number, etc.)
Listed Phone Number
Listed Fax Number
Mobile Phone Number
You can create new user account records or update existing records using this process.
To import user data via CSV import
- Under DATA SOURCE, select CSV FILE.
- Select EXPORT DIRECTORY to export existing user data in the UC System in CSV format. If no data has
been entered, you can use this option to create a blank template to import into a spreadsheet.
Note – column headings and column order must not be altered.
- Open the downloaded CSV file in a spreadsheet, then enter additional user data or edit existing data. Save the spreadsheet data in
- Select IMPORT DIRECTORY, and then select your CSV file and click OPEN.
- The selected CSV file will be imported into the UCM database. Duplicate records will be updated with the new CSV data. New records
will be created if matching user records do not exist in the system.
To import user data via LDAP import
Contact your network administrator to get the required configuration parameters to access your corporate LDAP database.
- Under DATA SOURCE, select LDAP IMPORT.
- Select MANUALLY UPDATE DATA.
- Under LDAP SERVER ACCOUNT INFORMATION, enter the HOSTED: PORT (URL).
- Enter the USERNAME / PRINCIPAL and PASSWORD for the LDAP account.
- Select the required AUTHENTICATION METHOD.
- Enter the SEARCH BASE (DN) name, and whether you need to use
SECURE ACCESS MODE (TLS).
- Enter a value in the SEARCH TIMEOUT field.
- Enter the MAX RECORDS TO RETURN.
- Click to read the LDAP
data structure for data mapping into the UCM database.
- Under LDAP DATA MAPPING, select an LDAP field to map to each UCM field from the associated drop-down list.
Note – LDAP database records are matched to UCM user account records by EMPLOYEE ID; this must be a unique
- Click to import LDAP user data
into the UCM database.
- After LDAP data is successfully imported manually, you can select AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DATA and an
UPDATE INTERVAL time if you want the UCM user data to be automatically synchronized with the LDAP database
on a periodic basis. Click
when you are done.