What information do we collect?
- We use your username and securely hashed password to authenticate and authorize your app when you log in to your Teo UC server with the Teo Softphone.
- We maintain a temporary record of logins for troubleshooting purposes.
- Your Teo UC server stores calls made with the Teo Softphone.
- Your Teo UC server may be configured to record your calls if configured by your system administrator.
- We request access to your contacts to display a local contact list inside the Teo Softphone
- We request access to your microphones to make and receive calls
- We request access to your cameras to make and receive video calls
What information do we NOT collect?
- We do not collect or upload your contacts
- We do not access your microphones unless you make or receive a call
- We do not access your camera unless you make or receive a video call
- We do not collect other information unless needed to make or receive a call
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To configure your application
Your information allows us to configure your Teo Softphone to work with your Teo UC server or the Teo UC cloud service.
To make and receive calls
The Teo Softphone requires access to your device’s microphones and cameras to make and receive calls
To improve technical and customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. The Teo Softphone transmits only information required to login to your Teo UC server or to make or receive a call.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in supporting our Teo UC servers, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.