Hunt Groups and ACD Queues
The Hunt Groups and ACD Queues that you are assigned to are shown in the upper area if the Call Routing screen.
Hunt Groups are dialable numbers that route calls to groups of extensions. Routing may be sequential (ring 1st member, then 2nd member, then 3rd member,
etc.) or simultaneous (ring all members at the same time).
Calls that are not answered can be routed to an extension, another hunt group, the operator, an auto attendant, an external number, or voicemail.
ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) queues are similar to hunt groups, but include several advanced features:
- Agent login/logout
- Multiple distribution strategies
- Tier distribution with delay options
- Programmable maximum wait times
Several timeouts and delays are shown in the ACD Agent Settings area of the Call Routing screen.
- RING TIMEOUT – the number of seconds that a queued call will ring before continuing in the queue (counts as an unanswered call).
- MAX UNANSWERED CALLS – the number of consecutive unanswered queued calls that the agent receives before their Agent Status is automatically set to ON BREAK.
- WRAP-UP TIME – the number of seconds reserved for wrap-up after a queue call is completed, before new calls are routed to the agent.
- DO NOT DISTURB DELAY – the number of seconds before new calls are routed to the agent when their Agent Status is set to Do Not Disturb.
- UNAVAILABLE DELAY – the number of seconds before new calls are routed to the agent after they were unavailable (had no available lines).
- NO ANSWER DELAY – the number of seconds before new calls are routed to the agent after they did not answer a previous call.