Contacts can be managed manually as described on this page, or they can be populated from a corporate directory,
from your Outlook account, or by importing a file.
To add a contact
Click , or right-click a group and select
Add Contact to Group. The Contact Profile dialog appears. Fill in the following fields as appropriate.
- Display as – if the contact originated from an external source such as a directory or Outlook account, this option will be shown, as well
as an additional section with read-only information from the contact source. If several display names are available, choose the one that you want to show in
the contact list.
- Picture – click Change… to select a .bmp, .jpg, or .png image file to identify the contact.
Click Reset to remove the picture.
- Group – click to show the list of groups and check one or more groups to add this contact to.
- Primary presence – this field appears only the contact has more than one Softphone number or Instant Message address.
The primary presence is used as follows:
- Primary phone number – if the contact has more than one number, select the primary number. This number will be used with single-click and
- Display name, First name, Last name – the "Display name" entry is shown in the contact list if you have
not selected another name from the Display as dropdown list. You can edit this field directly, or it will be automatically filled in when you edit the
"First name" and/or "Last name" fields. If "Display name" is left blank, it will use the Softphone number.
- Phone numbers – add as many phone numbers as you want. Select a phone number type from the list, enter the number in the field, and
click Add. To remove a number, select it in the list and click Remove.
To add a contact using an existing address
You can add a contact by capturing existing information:
- If you are on a phone call with a person who is not a contact, click in the call panel.
- On the History panel, select an entry that is not a contact. Right-click and choose Add as Contact.
The Contact Profile dialog appears. Complete the dialog as desired and click OK.
To change contact information
- Right-click a contact and choose Edit Profile. The Contact Profile dialog appears.
- Edit the dialog as desired and click OK.
To move or delete a contact
- To drag one or more contacts to a different group, select them and drag to the title bar of the new group.
- To delete one or more contacts, select them, right-click, and choose Delete Contact or Delete Selected. The contacts
are removed from this group. If a contact belongs to several groups, it is removed from all groups.
To add, delete, or rename groups
- Select any group, right-click, and choose the appropriate menu item.
Contacts that have no group appear under “Ungrouped Contacts.” You can delete, but not rename, this group.