The Contacts panel displays your contacts and lets you specify multiple contact methods for them, including:
- Softphone address
- Home phone number, business phone number, mobile phone number
Contacts are typically organized into groups. Teo Softphone includes built-in groups: “Family”, “Friends” and “Work”, and "Outlook" if you
have populated contacts from your Microsoft® Outlook® contacts. You can add
more groups as desired.
Contacts view options
Several view options can be set from the Contacts menu.
- Show or hide offline contacts
- Show or hide contact groups
- Sort contacts by name or online (presence) status
- Collapse or expand all groups
To immediately phone or IM the person
- Double-click the contact to start a phone call or IM to the person (depending on how double-clicking is configured in the contact’s profile).
To phone the person
- Right-click the item and click Call or Video Call to dial the call. You can also click the call icon that appears when
you hover over a contact.
To send an instant message
- Right-click and select Send Instant Message. You can also click the message icon that appears when you hover over a contact.
To watch the contact’s presence status
To show the contact popup window
- Click a contact to show the Contact popup window. The popup window shows all of the contact methods set up for the contact, such as Softphone,
Instant Message, Mobile.
- You can click a contact method to perform its action.