Adjusting the Volume
To adjust the receive volume
You can adjust the receive volume level for the handset, headset, or speakerphone while you are on a call.
- Tap Volume Up or Volume Down.
The volume slider will appear, showing the current level.
- Continue to tap Volume Up or Volume Down, or drag the slider to adjust the receive volume.
To adjust the ringer volume
- While the phone is ringing – use the above procedure during a ringing call to adjust the ringer volume level.
- While the phone is idle – tap the
Volume in the Status Bar, and then adjust the ringer volume using the slider.
Default Volume Settings
You can adjust the default volume settings for ringing and notifications, voice, alarms, and media.
To adjust default volume settings
- Tap the
Phone Settings app icon.
- In the icon list at the right, scroll to and tap Tone.
- Tap the Volume tab.
- Drag a slider to change the volume level and hear a preview.
- Tap Cancel or press any key to exit and retain the new volume settings.