Apps and Widgets
Apps (applications) are programs that add features to your phone. The phone function itself is an app.
Some commonly-used apps can be accessed via the app icons at the bottom of the
default Home screen.
The App Drawer provides access to all apps and widgets on your phone.
- Tap the
App Drawer app icon to open the App Drawer.
These apps are included with your phone.
- Browser – built-in web browser.
- Calculator – perform arithmetic calculations; includes trigonometric and logarithmic functions.
- Calendar – view calendars, manage tasks and appointments.
- Call Log – view a log of all, incoming, outgoing, or missed calls.
- Camera – front-facing camera for video recording and photos.
- Clock – view clocks for multiple time zones and set alarms.
- Contacts – view, search, edit, add, or delete contacts.
- Debug – app debugging tool, for factory use.
- DND – Do Not Disturb; prevents calls from ringing at your phone. This does not change your Presence status.
- Downloads – opens the folder that contains your downloads from the web.
- Email – connect to IMAP, POP3, and Exchange email accounts.
- ExportManager – import/export phone settings using VCF, CSV, or XML files.
- FileManager – manage files on your phone and on external memory devices.
- Gallery – view images on your phone, including camera photos and screenshots.
- Messaging – read and write instant messages.
- Movie Studio – create or edit videos using your phone's camera or external video files.
- Music – play music through your phone speaker or headphones.
- MWI – voicemail / message waiting; accesses your voicemail.
- Notepad v3 – create simple text notes.
- Phone – shows the dialing screen.
- Phone settings – configure system, network, display, and other phone app settings.
- PPPoE – configure a Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet connection.
- Search – search for apps on your phone or for information on the web.
- Settings – configure general system settings.
- Sound Recorder – record audio notes.
- Tap an icon on the Home screen or in the App Drawer to open an app.
- You can access additional functions and settings in some apps by pressing the
- Press the Back or
Home key to exit an app.
To pin an app to the desktop
- Open the App Drawer.
- Press and hold an app icon. A window representing the desktop will appear.
- Drag the icon to the desired location, and then release.
To remove an app from the desktop
- Press and hold the app icon. An X will appear at the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Drag the icon to the X; it will turn red. Release to remove the app. It will still be available in the App Drawer.
Widgets are apps, usually small informational displays, that are pinned to the desktop. Tap a widget to open a larger application.
Several widgets are available on your phone.
To pin a widget to the desktop
- Open the App Drawer.
- Swipe to the left to show the Widgets screen.
- Press and hold a widget. A window representing the desktop will appear.
- Drag the widget to the desired location, and then release.
To remove a widget from the desktop
- Press and hold the widget. An X will appear at the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Drag the widget to the X; the widget will turn red. Release to remove the widget.