You must be logged into the Teo UC System through the Teo Mobile Softphone to use your iPhoneiPad
to accept calls to your single identity extension number.
Note – being logged in does not prevent you from taking calls to your extension number at
another device, such as your desk phone. Incoming calls will ring at all registered devices on your extension in accordance with the Call Routing rules
set up in the Teo UCM User Portal.
To answer an incoming call when Teo Mobile Softphone is in the foreground or background
When Teo Mobile Softphone is running in the foreground or the background, the iPhoneiPad displays
the name of the remote party and presents the following call answer options:
- Accept – Teo Mobile Softphone answers the incoming call.
- Decline – Teo Mobile Softphone ends the incoming call.
- Remind Me – Teo Mobile Softphone ends the incoming call and sets a call reminder.
If Alert Answer is enabled, a background call will be answered immediately when you tap the alert.
To answer an incoming call when your iPhoneiPad is locked
When your device is locked, you receive an incoming call notification on the lock screen.
To receive an incoming call when you are on another call
- End & Accept – Teo Mobile Softphone ends the first call and answers the incoming call.
- Decline – Teo Mobile Softphone continues with the first call and ends the incoming call.
- Hold & Accept – Teo Mobile Softphone puts the first call on hold and answers the incoming call.
- Remind Me – Teo Mobile Softphone ends the call and sets a reminder.
To add video to a voice call
When receiving a video call, you will see the caller's video; however, initially the caller will not see your video.
- To send your video to the calling party, tap send at the top of the screen.
- To stop sending video, tap stop at the top of the screen.
- To stop all video and switch to an audio call, tap video.
Missed calls and voicemail
Missed calls are handled as follows:
- If you are logged out, the incoming call goes to Teo UC voicemail, unless you have specified other call routing rules for your extension.
- If you are logged in through Teo Mobile Softphone and do not accept or answer the call, the missed incoming call usually goes to voicemail
and a “missed call” icon appears.
- Generally, incoming calls go to Teo UC voicemail if you are logged into Teo Mobile Softphone when the call occurs. However, if
your cell phone voicemail transfer delay is shorter than the voicemail transfer delay configured for your Teo UC extension (or if no
transfer to voicemail is configured for your extension), the call may go to your cell phone voicemail instead.