You can exchange instant messages (IMs) with other Teo UC System users who are in your buddies list.
You cannot exchange IMs with non-enterprise buddies. The buddy must have an entry in the IM address field and must have either
a Teo Softphone or a Teo desk phone with video capability.
Note – make sure that IM is enabled.
To send a message to a buddy
- Tap MessagesMessaging.
- Tap IM if both SMS and IM appear.
- Tap .
- Tap or start typing the name of the contact you want to
add to the message recipients.
- Tap on a contact to select a buddy, and then tap Done.
- Tap inside the message entry area compose your message.
- Tap Send to send the message.
To read received messages
Teo Mobile Softphone displays the number of new instant messages on the resource panel.
- When Teo Mobile Softphone is the foreground application, new messages will be briefly shown in a popup window.
- When Teo Mobile Softphone is the background application, a popup alert will be shown when a message arrives.
- The number of unread messages is shown on the Teo Mobile Softphone application icon.
- You can tap MessagesMessaging to show a list of received messages.
Tap a message in the list to view its contents.
- To reply to a message, tap in the message area and compose your message, and then tap Send.
Canned messages are pre-defined replies that let you respond quickly to an instant message. The default canned messages are:
- Are you there?
- Have time to call?
- Have time to chat?
- Busy… I'll IM you later.
- Busy… I'll call you later.
- Driving… I'll IM you later.
- Driving… I'll call you later.
To enter canned messages, tap
and then select a message from the list. After selecting, you can edit the text in the message entry area.
To search messages
Search your messages by sender or recipient name, search for specific text, search by a date range, or search by message status (old or new).
Siri currently does not search for multiple names, messages for buddies that are not registered, or names in a group chat.
- Press and hold the Home button on your iPhoneiPad.
- Ask Siri to "Find messages from Joseph Santos on Teo Mobile".