Setting up Wi-Fi and cellular data
Once you have installed Teo Mobile Softphone, make sure you have set up Wi-Fi and cellular data correctly on your Android device:
Set up Wi-Fi
In Android Settings, tap Wi-Fi, and make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. Select the
network you want to connect to. If required, enter the password for the network.
Set up cellular data (optional)
In Android Settings, tap SIM & network. Turn on Mobile Data, and make sure that the Preferred
network type is not set to 2G only.
Setting up permissions
When prompted, give Teo Mobile Softphone the following permissions:
- Allow Teo Mobile Softphone to make and manage phone calls – allows the app to read phone status and identity, reroute outgoing calls, and
directly call phone numbers.
- Ignore Battery Optimizations – allows Teo Mobile Softphone to stay connected in the background.
- Permit drawing over other apps – allows Teo Mobile Softphone to use Call Heads.
- Allow Teo Mobile Softphone to access your contacts – share contacts with your device's native contacts.
- Allow Teo Mobile Softphone to record audio – allows use of your device’s microphone.
Permissions for Teo Mobile Softphone can be managed by going to your device's Settings > Apps > Teo Mobile on devices running
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or newer.
VoIP account information
Obtain the following information from your VoIP service provider:
- Your username, password and domain.
- Your auth name (authorization name), if used by your service provider.
- Your voicemail number, if your service provider provides this service.
Starting Teo Mobile Softphone
The Teo Mobile Softphone screen appears after a few seconds.
First time connection
The first time you start, the Login screen automatically appears. You must enter login information.
(At the next startup, Teo Mobile Softphone for iOS skips this screen and logs you in using this saved information.)
Refer to Login.
Phone numbers, alerts, and other preferences can be configured from the Preferences
- Headset with microphone (including Bluetooth™) – Teo Mobile Softphone uses the earpiece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone) – Teo Mobile Softphone uses the earpiece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the Android device.
Bluetooth support is dependent on the Android device and operating system.