You can exchange instant messages (IMs) with other Teo UC System users who are in your buddies list.
You cannot exchange IMs with non-enterprise buddies. The buddy must have an entry in the IM address field and must have either
a Teo Softphone or a Teo desk phone with video capability.
Note – make sure that IM is enabled.
To send a message to a buddy
- Tap in the resource panel.
- Tap IM if both SMS and IM appear.
- Tap +.
- Tap a buddy, or type a name and tap a buddy.
- Tap the check mark.
- Tap inside the message entry area compose your message. To add a new line, tap
More (… or ⋮),
tap Canned IM, and then select Enter a new line.
- Tap Send to send the message.
Using emoticons and emojis
Teo Mobile Softphone supports the Android emoji keyboard. If your Android has the emoji keyboard, switch keyboards by tapping of the smiley face icon on
the keyboard. To switch back the alphanumeric keyboard, tap the ABC icon.
To read received messages
Teo Mobile Softphone displays the number of new instant messages on the resource panel.
- When Teo Mobile Softphone is the foreground application, new messages will be briefly shown in a popup window.
- When Teo Mobile Softphone is the background application, you will see a notification in the Android status bar when you have a new message.
- You can tap MessagesMessaging to show a list of received messages.
Tap a message in the list to view its contents.
- To reply to a message, tap in the message area and compose your message, and then tap Send.
Canned messages are pre-defined replies that let you respond quickly to an instant message. The default canned messages are:
- Are you there?
- Have time to call?
- Have time to chat?
- Busy… I'll IM you later.
- Busy… I'll call you later.
- Driving… I'll IM you later.
- Driving… I'll call you later.
To enter canned messages
- Tap More (… or ⋮).
- Tap Canned IM.
- Tap the canned message that you want to use.
- Tap Send.