You must be logged into the Teo UC System through the Teo Mobile Softphone to use your Android device to accept calls to your single identity extension number.
Note – being logged in does not prevent you from taking calls to your extension number at
another device, such as your desk phone. Incoming calls will ring at all registered devices on your extension in accordance with the Call Routing rules
set up in the Teo UCM User Portal.
To answer an incoming call
The incoming call is displayed on Teo Mobile Softphone.
When Teo Mobile Softphone is in the background and you receive a call, the app is automatically brought to the foreground. When your device is locked,
the call answer screen appears.
- Drag right to answer the call.
- Drag left to decline the call.
- Tap Accept to answer the call.
- Tap End to decline the call.
Using Call Reminder
When you decline a call, Teo Mobile Softphone gives you the option to set a Call Reminder, if enabled in Preferences.
To add video to a voice call
When receiving a video call, you will see the caller's video; however, initially the caller will not see your video.
(Android phone) The video controls auto-hide. If the video controls are missing, tap the screen to make them reappear.
- To send your video to the calling party, tap Send Video or Tap To Send Your Video.
- To stop sending video, tap Stop or Stop Video.
To remove video (change to audio only)
- (Android phone) Swipe right.
- Tap More (… or ⋮).
- Tap Remove video.
Missed calls and voicemail
Missed calls are handled as follows:
- If you are logged out, the incoming call goes to Teo UC voicemail, unless you have specified other call routing rules for your extension.
- If you are logged in through Teo Mobile Softphone and do not accept or answer the call, the missed incoming call usually goes to voicemail
and a “missed call” icon appears.
- Generally, incoming calls go to Teo UC voicemail if you are logged into Teo Mobile Softphone when the call occurs. However, if
your cell phone voicemail transfer delay is shorter than the voicemail transfer delay configured for your Teo UC extension (or if no
transfer to voicemail is configured for your extension), the call may go to your cell phone voicemail instead.